Water RestoredPosted: May 13, 2019
Gorgoza crews have repaired the water line break on Hilltop Court and water service has been restored. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your patience.
Water OutagePosted: May 13, 2019
NOTICE: Gorgoza is working to repair a water line break Today, MAY 13TH, in the SOUTHRIDGE subdivision on Hilltop Drive. The outage will impact most of Southridge. Gorgoza is working to have water service returning on or before 4:30 pm. Thank you for your patience.
NOTICE OF WATER LINE REPLACEMENT CONSTRUCTION SUMMER 2019 AFFECTING STAGECOACH DRIVEPosted: May 6, 2019
PLEASE BE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING WATER LINE REPLACEMENT PROJECT ON STAGECOACH DRIVE. THE PROJECT WILL PROCEED IN FOUR PHASES FROM APPROXIMATELY JUNE 17TH THROUGH AUGUST 15TH AND WILL AFFECT SEVERAL INTERSECTIONS ALONG STAGECOACH DRIVE:
1. Phase I – Intersection of Blacksmith Drive and Stagecoach Drive south to intersection with Ecker Hill Drive – Approximately one week.
2. Phase II – Intersection of Ecker Hill Drive and Stagecoach Drive to intersection with Pack Saddle Circle – Approximately one week.
3. Phase III – Intersection of Pack Saddle Circle and Stagecoach Drive to the midway “point” of Stagecoach Drive – Approximately three weeks.
4. Phase IV – Midway “point” of Stagecoach Drive to intersection of Stagecoach Drive and Buckboard Drive by the pickleball court and park – Approximately three weeks.
Water service during the project will be interrupted, but durations should be minimal and as much advanced warning as possible will be provided to the affected homes. Please plan accordingly and allow additional drive time during the project. We also suggest familiarizing yourself with alternate routes through Pinebrook before construction begins. Local residential access will be allowed at all times to homes within the construction areas. Please check our website at www.gorgozawater.com for updates and additional information during the construction period. Water line replacement is a necessary and vital component of maintaining the integrity of your water system. We apologize for any inconvenience these projects may cause and thank you in advance for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office at 435-649-7948.
Water Outage – Stagecoach Drive 2/16/19-UPDATEDPosted: February 16, 2019
UPDATE: WATER SERVICE HAS BEEN RESTORED 10:20PM.
A break in the water main on Stagecoach Drive occurred at approximately 2pm on Saturday, February 16th.
DIG OUT FIRE HYDRANTSPosted: February 7, 2019
Water OutagePosted: December 5, 2018
NOTICE: Gorgoza is working to repair a water main break Today, DECEMBER 5TH, on STAGECOACH DRIVE, with water service returning on or before 4:30 pm. Thank you for your patience.
Spring Trail/Creek Trail ClosedPosted: June 22, 2018
Gorgoza Mutual Water crews will be installing a water line from the Spring Tank above Buckboard Drive to the Pinebrook Park this summer. Unfortunately, the trails that runs along the creek at the base of Ecker Hill will be closed during the construction period, estimated at about two months. Please enjoy the other trails in Pinebrook so crews can finish the work safely and as soon as possible. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Water Line Repair on SpringshirePosted: March 28, 2018
Gorgoza crews are working on the final repair to the water line that broke yesterday on Springshire Drive. Water service will be returning to the affected homeowners by early to mid afternoon.
Thank you once again for your patience.
Water Line BreakPosted: March 27, 2018
NOTICE: A water main break occurred at approximately 2pm today, TUESDAY, MARCH 27th, on SPRINGSHIRE DRIVE near the intersection with Pinebook Road. Gorgoza crews were immediately on scene and are currently working to determine the location of utility lines, location of the leak, cause and extent of the leak. Unfortunately, as of 3:00pm Gorgoza does not have an estimate of when water service to the affected homeowners will be restored. Gorgoza is working diligently to repair the line and restore water service as soon as possible.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Spring Water SalesPosted: November 13, 2017
You may have wondered about tanker trucks you have seen entering and leaving Pinebrook. They represent a short-term test of a possible opportunity for the Gorgoza Mutual Water Company to increase needed capital reserves without having to make a significant increase in rates.
Parts of the Gorgoza system are more than 40 years old. The Company has recently completed a comprehensive study of its assets to identify useful lives and repair and replacement costs. That study illuminated the need to increase the Company’s capital reserves to approximately $3,000,000 by the year 2030, a requirement that would require an immediate increase your water bills of at least $10.00 per month.
Coincidentally, Gorgoza was approached by the parent company of Mount Olympus Water about the possibility of purchasing water from Gorgoza’s spring water source to supplement their spring water production during down times for maintenance, high demand and emergencies such as the multiple hurricanes that hit the southeastern United States in 2017.
The Gorgoza Board recognized that this might be a way to fund part of our capital reserve needs. The Board carefully reviewed our current and historic water system yields and demands, and determined that the system we have built up over years has source capacities and redundancies well in excess of current and projected needs. In other words, Gorgoza has sufficient source capacity to sell water to Mount Olympus without compromising its ability to meet all obligations to its shareholders.
Accordingly, Gorgoza’s Board determined to authorize the sale of a limited amount of its spring water on a trial basis during the fall and winter months when our system has minimal other demands.
A few summary points:
• The sales price to the purchaser is significantly higher than what shareholders pay.
• All equipment and delivery costs are paid by the water purchaser, at no cost to the Gorgoza shareholders
• Water deliveries are restricted to daylight hours on weekdays, with no idling of the trucks while the tanks are being filled.
• All revenues from water sales will be added to Gorgoza’s capital reserve funds, offsetting needs that would otherwise have to be met by increased assessments.
• The Company’s highest obligation is to its shareholders. The arrangement with this purchaser is for the sale of surplus water, and will be curtailed or cut-off entirely if needed to protect local needs.
• In the event the purchaser wants to explore a long-term arrangement with Gorgoza after the purchaser’s current emergency passes, the Board will conduct a thorough review of the trial period operations before any further commitment is made.
• Long-term arrangements, if made, will include the purchaser paying to move the location where the trucks are loaded to a better location, likely somewhere along Pinebrook Boulevard.
Gorgoza hopes that this information will be helpful to you. If you have further questions, please contact Shelly at 435-6497948 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.